2022 Fire Prevention Week – October 9 – 15
Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.
The Kilbourn Fire Department wants to share these key home fire escape planning tips:
- Make sure your plan meets the needs of all your family members, including those with sensory or physical disabilities.
- Smoke alarms should be installed inside every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every levelof your home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place a safe distance from your home where everyone should meet.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the household, including guests. Practice at least once during the day and at night. Plan your escape at fpw.org
Smoke & Carbon Monoxide AlarmsHomeowners and landlords with fuel burning appliances should comply with the new Wisconsin laws requiring the installation of carbon monoxide alarms. The alarms shall bear the mark of a listing agency. All single family homes and rentals where people sleep, new and existing, must install…
Read more »